Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Lo Hicimos!

GHC and I survived a solo flight to and from DC (YOU'RE WELCOME, THC, HOW WERE THE 13-HOUR NIGHTS OF SLEEP?) this past weekend to visit the vertically challenged side of her family.  It was the last time she could fly for free before having to pay for her own ticket, and I was totally freaking out about having to wrestle her in my lap for 3 hours each way.  Imagine trying to fly with a hyperactive, ADD-ridden labrador on your lap, and that is essentially what it is like to sit on a plane with GHC.

To my surprise, BOTH flights were relatively empty, and we managed to get an entire row to ourselves.  [insert music with angels singing]  It was awesome.  What was not awesome, however, was the 3-straight hours of Dora the Explorer I had to endure to keep GHC entertained (multiply that x 2 and that is a lot of f**king Dora).  PS, Dora - do you seriously need our help in EVERY episode?  I mean, you're left unsupervised by your parents all day, haven't you learned a little self-sufficiency by now?

Any.... way....  here's the poor critter after a long day of traveling.  Yeah, those are pull up diapers on her legs.  Grandma bought her Dora diapers, which she had never seen before, and she ripped into the entire bag hugging each and every one of them with glee.  She would not release these diapers from her death grip when I put her down for a nap, so I figured, why not.  I mean, they're diapers, not ginsu knives.  And when I came back to check on her, this is what I saw.  Kid must have exhausted herself trying to get these on.

No comments: