Monday, February 15, 2010

No, I Invented Windows 7!

So, the hurricane that is my mother has officially left town, and with that, half of the house has been re-done. The former guest bedroom is now the nursery and my former office is now a guest bedroom. Which means, my dinosaur of a computer is now homeless. Not that the thing worked anyway - it crashed everytime you used the internet for more than 2 minutes (hence the need to blog at work). And it was probably totally loaded with viruses and spyware, but hey, that's what happens when you have an addiction to porn as serious as mine... JUST KIDDING.

So now it's time for an upgrade to a laptop. Which begs several questions.

1) Mac or PC? I feel like Mac users have a love for their laptops that rivals my love for chili cheese burritos at Taco Bell. Maybe it's just something you can't understand until you try it.

2) How do you transfer stuff from your old to new computer? My answer to this after law school was to get Ajay to do it for me. But oh oh oh, he's in Seattle, damnit. My only other guess would be to use Geek Squad. But is there something else out there?

3) What do you do with an old computer? I feel like trash is a dangerous option. Again, someone might get into my old files and realize what a big perv I am... JUST KIDDING AGAIN. Or they might see what a big loser I am, since 98% of my photos are of Harley.

Any help out there for the technologically un-inclined?

2 comments:

Jenn said...

I know MDACC takes old computers and cleans them. We are supposed to take mine once they have another request for them.

aposeym said...

i think i'm getting ready to bite the bullet and buy a Mac as well. i noticed while shopping they have a service where they will take everything from your old computer and put it on the new one. minus the porn i assume.