Lessons learned at the beach:
1) I SUCK at bocce ball. Not even close. I can usually hold my own in ladder golf, but I'm a disaster at bocce. I think all of my wii fit boxing workouts have really done a number on my arm strength.
2) Old school orange Doritos are the best. Over the last few years, I have developed a taste for "higher end" fried snack products -- like Ms. Vickie's Jalepeno Chips, Zapps Salt & Vinegar Chips, Utz Crab Chips, Flaming Hot Cheetos, and even the occasional Harvest Cheddar Sun Chip. But this weekend, I went back to my original roots, and had plain old orange Doritos for the first time in ages. I totally forgot how awesome they are. I immediately wanted a peanut butter & jelly sandwich on white bread to go with it.
3) Ingesting lots of ocean water wreaks havoc on a dog's system. Poor little Harley -- he had so much fun racing down the beach after birds and rolling on dead fish. But when it was time to call it a day, the guy spent an hour dry heaving. When he felt better, he drank 4 entire bowls of water. Of course, about 5 minutes into our car ride home, he peed all over THC's back seat. THC handled the situation remarkably well. Although at one point in the car ride, as the look of pee-concern grew on Harley's face, THC started yelling at me to hold a towel under Harley's privates until he could pull over. Needless to say, I refused. But we did have to pull over 3 times on the 45-minute ride home.
4) THC and I had it easy when we got married. B&T were regaling us with stories of their marriage classes at the catholic church where they will be married later this year. Apparently, they have to go to an insane number of classes and do things like take quizzes and write letters to each other in the future. All THC and I had to do was sit on a couch for an hour and talk with our pastor about college basketball.
5) White people can get totally sunburned sitting out on a very cloudy day. What the hell? I always thought that was a scam being run by Coppertone. I mean, Saturday was REALLY cloudy. I'm talking not even enough sun to produce a shadow. But JRK's co-worker got FRIED! Even THC turned pink - and he was wearing some ungodly SPF - like 80. I guess that's just something that happens to white folks. Weird. Hope that trait does not get passed down to Baby Heyward, who is now entering his 3rd year of gestation. Only 5 more years to go.
Tired doggies on the way home!
No comments:
Post a Comment