Sunday, March 23, 2008

The Camera Lives!

The other day I was just checking my supposedly defunct camera to see if I could salvage the remaining photos, and magically, it decided to work again. So, we are officially back in action on the blog now!

Not that anyone cares about the details of my weekend, but since I had my camera working, I had to photo-document it! Anyway - this holiday weekend was a TERRIFIC. It started with my very first dress fitting - which was totally overwhelming, but totally satisfying. I had really forgotten how much I loved my dress, so I am really stoked about that.

Later in the day, we held a very impromptu wedding wine tasting at my house. My friend at the Tasting Room recommended a handful of affordable, but good, wines for our wedding, so we were eager to see how those panned out. You can imagine how hard it was to convince 6 people to come over in the middle of a Friday afternoon to taste wine. I'm pretty sure my crack team of wine connoisseurs selected some good stuff, but after 12 bottles of booze, a 7-course meal from Frenchy's Fried Chicken and 2 hours of Guitar Hero, who knows... it could have been Boone's Farm Wine for all we knew!

On Saturday, I got to meet up with PM, Mama V and Baby E for a girls brunch. I got lots of good advice from Mama V and PM (who is getting married 3 weeks before me), and it was a nice chance to vent about random wedding B.S. The weeks are just ticking away! And Baby E is getting into the spirit by wearing her W&L gear!

Much to my surprise, I tricked Mama V into letting me & THC babysit that night. We were driving over to their house, and totally freaking out about breaking the baby. Luckily, Baby E is a piece of cake. We just kept feeding her snacks the whole night. (Special props to Booty and MOH for bringing over some incredible dinner... we're not worthy).

To top off a great weekend, THC decided to make me a big ol' Easter breakfast while I slept in. What a good boy! He even let Harley join in on the feast. Here is a photo of Harley, who is not sure how he feels about fake butter and egg beaters.

And finally -- the BIG news of the weekend is that Baby Ploompie - I mean, Baby Owen has arrived on Saturday morning! From what I can tell from photos, this baby is pretty cute, but we'll see in person. Y'all know my policy on sugar-coating baby compliments... Anyway, congrats J&J!!!

No comments: